Meet Our Team
Our friendly and compassionate dental team works alongside Dr. Vanessa Vargas, to provide outstanding dental care in Lake Wylie, South Carolina, and the surrounding areas. With our dental care, we are proud to give our patients the beautiful, strong, and healthy smiles they are looking for. If you would like to know more about our team at Carolina Family Dentistry at Lake Wylie PLLC, please feel free to read our biographies!
Laura – Dental Assistant
- Years in the dental field: 18 years
- Favorite aspect of dentistry: I enjoy seeing people happy with their smile.
- Favorite dental procedure: I enjoy all aspects of dentistry.
- Native of: York, SC
- Family: I have parents that are both retired and two sisters. I also have two dogs.
- Hobbies / Non-work activities: I enjoy taking trips to the beach and mountains. I also enjoy taking long walks and watching movies.
Debbie – Dental Assistant
- Years in the dental field: 33 years
- Favorite aspect of dentistry: I enjoy on-on-one time with people.
- Favorite dental procedure: My favorite dental procedures are cosmetic cases. They seem to have the biggest impact on a person’s self-confidence.
- Native of: I have lived in York County for over 30 years. However, I have lived in various states in the U.S. throughout my life, including a couple of years in Venezuela.
- Family: I have been married to my husband for 28 years. We have a nineteen-year-old daughter who attends York Tech.
- Hobbies/ Non-work Activities: I have two cats and one dog. I love spending time in the sun and I enjoy spending time with my family by the pool or at the beach. My daughter and I enjoy shopping and watching the latest horror movie. I am also a huge Alabama football fan, ROLL TIDE!
Laura – Dental Hygienist
- Years in the dental field: 15 years
- Favorite aspect of dentistry: I enjoy educating patients on good nutritional habits and oral hygiene home care.
- Favorite dental procedure: I love using new equipment and learning new procedures.
- Native of: Rock Hill, SC
- Family: I have a great husband, a beautiful a little girl named Kate, and one cat.
- Hobbies / Non-work activities: I love to read books and take walks.
Amber – Dental Assistant, Patient Care Coordinator
- Education: I graduated with a CDA and a EDDA from York Technical College in August 2015
- Favorite aspect of dentistry: The patient is my number one priority! I want to make people smile and I love learning new things. I love being a part of Carolina Family Dentistry at Lake Wylie PLLC because the team made me feel welcome. Every day is a learning experience and it is nice to work with people who help you learn.
- Family: I have a husband, son, and daughter who I love spending time with.
- Hobbies: I enjoy hiking, gardening, and travelling to new places.
Debbie – Business Administrator
- Years in the dental field: 21 years
- Favorite aspect of dentistry: My favorite part of dentistry is getting to know my patients, helping them achieve their dental goals and always trying to put a smile on their face.
- Favorite dental procedure: I love cosmetic dentistry. Seeing the difference in the patient before and after is amazing.
- Native of: Syracuse, NY
- Family: I have a wonderful husband, daughter, two sons, and one sweet granddaughter.
- Hobbies / Non-work activities: I enjoy helping take care of my granddaughter as much as I can. I also enjoy watching my sons play soccer and compete in track meets. I love spending time with my friends and family.